The shield uses WizFi210 which is a low power-consuming WI-FI module which is applied with dynamic power management technology. When the WI-FI module needs to be on but not running, it can be set to Standby mode (a low power mode) and the module just needs to be woken up when it has to work.
The WI-FI wireless module is based on WizFi210. It provides the bridging from TTL serial port communication to IEEE802.11b/g/n wireless communication. So any device with a TTL serial port can easily be connected with this WI-FI module and controlled and managed remotely through a wireless network. Different kinds of communication protocols and encryption algorithms are integrated with the module. The Arduino architecture enables you to easily integrate this module into any Arduino based project.
- Bring WiFi connectivity via Serial Host Interface, compatible with Arduino.
- Quick Booting Time: under 20msec.
- Ultra Low Power through Dynamic Power Management (34µA at the Standby mode).
- Operates with standard 802.11b/g/n access point at speed up to 11Mbps (802.11b).
- Security Protocol: WEP, WPA/WPA2-PSK, Enterprise, EAP-FAST, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, PEAP.
- Operation Temperature: -40℃ ~ 85℃.
- Compact Size: 32 x 23.5 x 2.9 (mm).
- CE, FCC, KCC Certified.
- Supports the module with chip antenna.
NOTE: We have had reports that this shield is not compatible with some versions of Xirrus Routers.
- Wi-Fi Shield V2.2 for Arduino (1 unit).
- Antenna (1 unit).